I think a Strawberry cheesecake is the perfect recipe to start my blog off with, spring is in the air and the sun is shining. Strawberries are coming in to season the end of May so it’s time to take advantage of there ruby red goodness.
Serves: 16 or 4 Greedy people.
- 400g or 1 pack digestive biscuits, crushed
- 110g butter, melted
- 2 x 200g tubs cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 x 284ml pot double cream
- 2 packets of Strawberries
Prep. Time: 30mins – Setting Time: 7 hours
1. In a small bowl mix the biscuit crumbs and melted butter together. Even though the butter won’t seem enough it is. Press the mixture into a large square tin or 23cm round tin and chill to firm up, this should take about 1hr.
2. In the meantime puree half of packet 1 of the strawberries. Put the puree in a medium bowl with the cream cheese and sugar, blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Now add the double cream and whisk until thick. Next chop most of the leftover Strawberries (keep some whole ones back for decoration) in to small pieces and gently fold in to the mixture.
4. Pour over the chilled base and smooth over. Refrigerate for 7 to 8 hours or overnight is even better.
5. Cut the leftover strawberries in half and use to decorate the cheesecake.
6. Serve and enjoy. :-)